I just got finished watching the film 2016: Obama's America. I knew before I watched it, it was an anti-Obama film. I had no idea it was going to be so conspiratorial however. I will quickly sum up the entire film as "who" Obama is and what Obama "has planned" to do if he is re-elected:
- Obama is a anti-colonialist
- Obama has deep father issues and this effects his entire psychology
- Obama's fathers dreams and beliefs are his
- Obama does not care about his family on his father's side in Africa
- Obama has a socialist ideology
- Obama is a closeted radical-leftist
- Obama was friends with many leftist and disturbing elements
- Obama's mom and grandfather encouraged leftist politics
- Obama hates the rich
- Obama uses his charm to get what he wants and deceive people
- Obama uses people for his own ends
- Obama is trying to weaken America economically to even out global inequality
- Obama is anti-Israel
- Obama has a strong belief in Islamic Government in the Middle East
- Obama wants to eventually get rid of all our nuclear weapons starting by reducing our current supply of about 1500 to 300
- Obama has plans to team up with Russia and China and create a global socialist state
- Obama indoctrinates school children into following him
- Obama's America will be dark and violent if he wins in 2012
Obama is a anti-colonialist
1. As were our forefathers. FDR was a anti-colonialist though Truman was not. What exactly is wrong with being an anti-colonialist. Is occupying another country and trying to force your will on other nations a good thing? Is not there many examples where western colonialism has oppressed the occupied nation, exploited the local population and resources, and only cared about Western interest and not the occupied nation's interest. Is Romney a pro-colonialist? Is it not true that a large loss of life and treasure has been caused by America's modern version of colonialism in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan? If Obama is an anti-colonialist why did he do the surge and keep our troops so long in Iraq and is continuing to keep them in Afghanistan. This would surely be a sign that someone is not anti-colonialist.
Obama has deep father issues and this effects his entire psychology
2. A lot of men have father issues ie. dad left, dad was never around, dad was emotionally absent, dad was very strict and harsh, dad mistreated the son, dad mistreated the mother and other siblings, dad never told the son he loved him, dad was a drunk, dad had a lot of problems, dad tried to live through the son to do what he never could, dad was a womanizer, dad cared more about his career then his family. Millions of men in this country have issues with the father and son relationship. This is not unusual, uncommon, or disqualifying to hold public office or any other position. You want to talk about father issues look at Abraham Lincoln with his troubled relationship with his father. This does effect a person's emotional makeup but not necessarily in a profound and negative way. Joseph Biden perhaps serves a father figure role, Obama's trying to bring everyone to the table and please everyone may perhaps come from his desire as a younger person to make his father and step father proud of him could be related but the idea is whole presidency is so profoundly effected by these issues is completely not true.
Obama's fathers dreams and beliefs are his
3. This thinking that sons follow in their father's footstep and are merely a chip off the old block is unfair and inaccurate in most cases. This is especially the case when the father is not around or around only rarely. The idea that Obama's mother's idolized and mythologized Obama's father and Obama was encouraged by these stories to become a great man may or may not be true. If it was true that Obama had an idealized view of his father and it encouraged him to be a good man how is this so bad? Lots of kids who don't know a parent or parents have either an idealized dream of who there parents must be or feel a sense of abandonment. Again how is this a negative mark or disqualifying background to be the President or hold another high position? Why is it so that just because Obama's father believed in something he believed in the same thing? Look at Mitt Romney he is little like his father on political views. Look at George W. Bush vs George H.W. Bush. Look at JFK vs his father. Ronald Reagan vs his father. Obama's father views are his father views; Obama's views are Obama's views, each person is an individual. This is puzzling why the movie suggest throughout that Obama shares his father's socialist views when many of Obama's policies, speeches, and legislation he endorses proves he does not.
Obama does not care about his family on his father's side in Africa
4. I have no doubt Obama cares about his family on his father's side in Africa. The idea that Obama does not care about his family on his father's side in Africa because he does not make frequent trips there and does not send them money is ludicrous. Giving a family member money does not prove love and lack of frequent trips seeing them does not prove disloyalty, distrust, lack of compassion and animosity. If President Obama started sending his money over to Africa for his family there from his father's side FOX News and right-wing talk radio would find a way to criticize him about it and come up with new conspiracies. It's not easy just to go and see and send money to a wider family who you know not very well when your working on raising a family, establishing a career, and trying to run the free world.
Obama has a socialist ideology
5. Socialist and socialism has came to mean anything left of the GOP platform in America according to the Tea Party. The word has been so misused by the right few know what it means anymore. Newsflash, spending money and raising taxes does not make one a socialist it makes one a politician. Socialism like the words conservatism, liberalism, progressivism are not political ideologies that can be captured easily in a definition or even a paragraph. Obama is not a socialist but a capitalist who supports a few ideas out of socialism like social welfare and modest income redistribution through a progressive tax system. This is not unlike any other post Franklin Delano Roosevelt Democratic Presidents. Obama is actually more conservative on economics then FDR who gave us the New Deal and LBJ who gave us the Great Society. He is only seen as so far left because since LBJ we have not had a true progressive in the White House. Carter and Clinton were centrist Democrats and the Republicans since Reagan have been conservatives so compared to those Obama seems quite left. However when compared to other democrats Obama would be a centrist Progressive as many Progressives in the Democratic Party are far more left then Obama. We have one democratic socialist in Washington his name is Bernie Sanders and he is an independent. He is one of the most popular Senators in the country and respected by people on both sides of the aisle. Obama is far more to the right then a socialist.
Obama is a closeted radical-leftist
6. He hides it very well then. He supported continuing the Iraq and Afghanistan war. He supported extending all the Bush Tax Cuts for a year. He supported the Patriot Act and National Defense Authorization Act. He supported drone kill strikes of America's enemies in the middle east including one American citizen who was said to be aiding the enemy oversees. He supported a number of tax cuts for middle class and working class people and some for small business. He after an initial moratorium after the gulf coast oil spill has supported expanded oil and gas drilling of our own natural resources (the Canadian pipeline is not needed we have more then enough of our own natural energy sources and technology for alternative energy). He supports very little gun control compared to past Democratic Presidents. Obama care is far from socialized medicine it is actually quite heavily reliant on the private insurance market. Obama has proposed in his budgets though rejected by the congress more cuts to government then any Democratic President in history.
Obama was friends with many leftist and disturbing elements
7. Obama was friends and associates with a lot of people many not even on the left. To cherry pick only the leftist associates and friends in his life is to ignore a much wider group of friends and associates. I am friends with a number of people who have political views very different then my own. To cherry pick those friends and say they represent my views would be inaccurate. I am an individual with individual ideas and it is the same with President Obama or any other individual. Obama was young when many of those associations started and was simply exploring the different political philosophies to try to find out about them. Lots of college kids are radical in college and become more moderate as they get older. Just because Obama was friends with them does not mean they were politically on the same wavelength as he was.
Obama's mom and grandfather encouraged leftist politics
8. This is unfounded and pure speculation.
Obama hates the rich
9. Yeah Obama hates the rich that is why he bailed out the rich bankers, caved on the Bush Tax Cuts to try an olive branch to working with the GOP which once they got it they snapped it in half, speaks so highly of successful job creators, brought rich HMOs, prescription drug companies, and physician groups to the table when developing The Affordable Health Care Plan, is friends with a lot of rich people and has a number of rich donors supporting him. Obama is too pro-rich in my opinion and not doing enough on poverty.
Obama uses his charm to get what he wants and deceive people
10. Never seen a politician who didn't it is part of the art to politics. Though the deception part to that is not a fair criticism most of the time. Obama has usually been quite forthcoming with his views on issues and usually direct and honest on his intent. The idea Obama is trying to pull the wool over people's eyes so much more then other past presidents in simply ludicrous. Reagan, LBJ, FDR, Lincoln on many occasions were deceptive on their intents, wars and conflicts reality vs their rhetoric, and did many things behind the scenes the public was unaware them doing at the time.
Obama uses people for his own ends
11. Another trait of a politician. Obama is not alone in this trait and neither are politicians many people do this. We vote for politicians to use them to hopefully get some of what we want to happen. Business uses people to develop and manufacture their products, make market decisions for them to make money, sell their products and services, keep their business making a profit. Many people are not as selfless as we would like to think. Obama is not exceptionally bad as compared to other politicians and powerful leaders in the private sector like Romney was of using people to advance their own careers, agenda, and political aspirations.
Obama is trying to weaken America economically to even out global inequality
12. This is absolutely laughable and a damn lie that Obama wants our economy to continue to struggle so we can level out the global wealth inequality. We in other words have to become poorer to go down to other nations levels so there is more equality in the world. Obama wants America to succeed and prosper, become richer not poorer, and America to to out educate, out innovate, and out build the rest of the world. In spite of what his critics say Obama believes in American exceptionalism just is more honest then conservatives in pointing out the places America is not so exceptional which they are perfectly content to sweep under the rug. Yes Obama wants other nations to become more prosperous, more free, and more just as well as any humanitarian should but his overwhelming main focus is the United States being as prosperous, free, and just a nation it is capable.
Obama is anti-Israel
13. Obama is pro Israel his speeches and working with the Israelis prove this. He unlike conservative politicians is willing to disagree with Israel on issues. To many conservative politicians Israel can do no wrong and is always the victim never the aggressor. President Obama sees the situation in Israel more clearly that there is no black and whites in the Israel Palestinian conflict. He correctly understands no peace plan will ever succeed by a politician who as many conservatives who say Israel can do no wrong and the Palestinians can do no right, the Israelites are God's chosen people and the Muslims are enemies to God's chosen people, that sides only with Israel on all the negotiations. He is right about not kicking the hornets nest of the Iranian regime at this point as no weapon actually yet exist though I do wish he would speak more for the protesters in Iran and other parts of the Middle East. He is right Israel should not bomb Iran for their and the regions own safety. It is like striking a grizzly bear with your hand on the head you'll enrage him more then you will hurt him and he will likely come after you and hurt you very badly. The best thing to do at this point with the Iranian regime is slowly starve it of influence and power until it becomes weakened enough that it's people can rise up against it and overthrow the dangerous regime. The anti-nuclear programs need to to continue, inspections, and a clear message needs to be sent any nuclear weapon developed by this regime with genocidal aspirations against Israel will be destroyed and any significant threat of use of such a weapon will cause the U.S. and Israel to crush the Iranian regime. The point about Syria in the movie I agree with well over 20,000 Syrians have been killed in a genocide why are not we trying to not stop that genocide militarily like we refused to accept a Libyan genocide committed by the Gaddafi regime? If I had to guess it is because Libya was much easier and was much less costly in blood and treasure then Syria will be. Obama has likely determined the cost to the United States would be too great at this time, the cost of 20,000 lives because of feet dragging has already cost far too much and the cost will only go up in time and not just cost to the Syrian people.
Obama has a strong belief in Islamic Government in the Middle East
14. This came towards the end of the movie when the conspiracy went from outrageous to absolutely absurd. Barack Obama is apparently pro Islamic fundamentalist government and wants to unite the middle east into a collective power of Islamic fundamentalism. Let me get this straight he has been ordering our troops to fight Islamic fundamentalist militants all over the middle east, has sent drone attacks to kill them, and has spoken against their crimes against their people, other people around the world, and our people but wants them to succeed. The movie basically suggest Israel will be sacrificed to accomplished this and it's enemies allowed to overtake it. Obama's own words, policies, and actions show this is a damn lie. Obama is anti-violent Islamic fundamentalism or any other violent fundamentalism and pro Israel period.
Obama wants to eventually get rid of all our nuclear weapons starting by reducing our current supply of about 1500 to 300
15. I am not sure if Obama really ordered the study be done of reducing our supplies to 300 nukes. I would actually hope so, 1500 nukes could destroy the world many times over and is far beyond what we would ever need. He calls for eventually ridding all the world including ourselves of nuclear weapons, so what? Many famous American leaders, scientist, activist, and everyday people have called for the same thing. Even Reagan wished this hope someday could come to pass. When Reagan says this conservatives cheer when Obama says this they sneer. Those who want a future of weapons of mass destruction being prevalent here and in the world in my mind are Un-american and barbaric. One modern age nuclear weapon going off anywhere in the world could easily spark the third world war and that war nobody may win. The world very well could would be engaging in our eventual collective suicide with this current nuclear arms race occurring in many parts of the world.
Obama has plans to team up with Russia and China and create a global socialist state
16. This was the most far reaching conspiracy of the whole movie. It seemed to suggest President Obama wants a global socialist state where borders become meaningless and wealth and resources are evenly distributed. He would be supposedly teaming up with Russia and China to make this happen. Yeah right dream on Dinesh D'Souza (the main guy behind the movie) lie all you want it does not make it so!
Obama indoctrinates school children into following him
17. The part showing elementary aged children at the end waring Obama T-shirts behind an Obama sign and singing suggested Obama is brain washing future generations into accepting his supposedly radical leftist ideology. Like Obama is Joseph Stalin and is indoctrinating the youth of his nation into accepting his radical vision for his country. A lot of young people do like Obama not because he is indoctrinating them because unlike the GOP he is speaking about issues they care about like education, the environment, human rights, and tolerance which all seem to be especially important to generation Y.
Obama's America will be dark and violent if he wins in 2012
18. America's future will not go dark and violent at least not forever. We will solve any major crises that puts our nation at risk. President Obama will ensure a brighter future for the poor and middle class then Romney will. Our deficit will begin to be solved in Obama's second term once the GOP will come to realize there going to have to blink eventually and give up some of what they want in order to get some of what they want. The Democrats will learn this same lesson. It's going to be a tumultuous four years no matter who is in there but I feel much more comfortable knowing Obama is at the forefront.
P.S. At the end of the movie much of the audience clapped and some even gave a standing ovation. This greatly worried me that people could be that ignorant to believe those outrageous lies. The good news is with the exception of a few middle aged people most were old so it would appear only the Fox News/Talk Radio conservative ex-New Deal Democrats turned Tea Party retired crowd was stupid enough to believe it. I said out loud at the end because I was so pissed off 'What a conspiracy theorist nut job'. A 70 something sitting next to me told his wife 'We're in trouble' I again spoke aloud 'Yeah were in trouble if Romney wins'. Let me put it this way the look on his and his wife faces showed they were not pleased with my comment. A white 70 something woman sitting in front of me said she agreed with me when I said that so apparently not every senior citizen here in Arizona has been brain washed by the Tea Party Fox New Talk Radio Vast Right Wing Conspiracy!